Chiasma, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHMA) is gaining momentum at the opening session on Friday. The stock has seen solid buying interest since early May with a jump of 45% so far this month.
Chiasma Presents Positive Patient-Reported Outcomes Data from its MPOWERED™ Phase 3 Trial Comparing MYCAPSSA® to Long-Acting Injectables for the Maintenance Treatment of Adults with Acromegaly
- presented patient-reported outcomes (PROs) data from its MPOWERED™ Phase 3 trial demonstrating that study patients with acromegaly reported significantly improved quality of life and work productivity after transitioning from long-acting injectable somatostatin analogs (iSSAs) to MYCAPSSA®.
- The data were shared as an oral presentation at the 30th Annual American Association of Clinical Endocrinology (AACE) Meeting being held virtually from May 26-29, 2021.
- In the MPOWERED study, 146 patients entered the 6-month run-in phase in which all patients received MYCAPSSA. Ninety-two patients who were responders to MYCAPSSA at end of run-in were then randomized into the 9-month randomized controlled treatment (RCT) phase to receive MYCAPSSA or iSSAs. Among the 92 randomized patients, results showed that several PROs, including quality of life and work productivity, were significantly improved at the end of the run-in phase (reflecting outcomes on MYCAPSSA) compared to their results at the baseline of run-in (reflecting outcomes on iSSAs).
- Significant improvements were observed in the index scores of the EuroQol-5 Dimensions-5 Levels (EQ-5D-5L), a PRO developed to measure quality of life over five domains (mobility, ability to self-care, ability to undertake usual activities, pain and discomfort, and anxiety and depression; mean change from baseline of run-in to end of run-in, 0.053; 95% CI, 0.0130–0.0922).
- Significant improvements were also seen in comparing baseline of run-in to end of run-in on the Work Productivity and Activity Impairment Questionnaire: Specific Health Problem (WPAI:SHP), a PRO developed to measure work and social activity in clinical trials, for presenteeism (impairment at work/reduced on-the-job effectiveness; least squares mean [LSM], –6.65; 95% CI,–12.39 to –0.90; P=0.024), work productivity loss (LSM, –6.92; 95% CI, –12.83 to –1.02; P=0.022) and activity impairment (LSM, –4.94; 95% CI, –9.17 to –0.71; P=0.022).
At the opening session, CHMA stock went up 0.82% to $4.315. The stock has traded 87K shares, compared to its average volume of 3.37 million shares. After opening at $3.348, the stock has moved within a wide range of $4.3100 – 4.3500.