Corbus Pharmaceuticals Holdings (NASDAQ:CRBP) is gaining momentum in the pre-market session on Tuesday. The stock has seen solid buying over the past week with a jump of about 25%.
Corbus Pharmaceuticals Licenses Two Integrin Targeting mAbs Further Expanding Pipeline into Cancer and Fibrotic Diseases
- CRBP announced licensing deals for two new monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), CRB-601 and CRB-602, that target integrins to inhibit activation of transforming growth factor β (TGFβ).
- This new integrin program, in addition to the existing endocannabinoid system program, strengthens and diversifies Corbus’ immunology pipeline for inflammatory, fibrotic, and metabolic diseases, and cancer. With these additions, Corbus expects to have four compounds other than lenabasum in Phase 1 testing in 2022.
- TGFβ is a multifunctional cytokine involved in many cellular processes, including cell growth and differentiation, immune responses, wound healing, and tissue repair. TGFβ plays a key role in fibrosis and also promotes cancer growth and metastasis via its effects in the tumor microenvironment (TME).
- The integrins αvβ6 and αvβ8 are expressed by cancer cells, and αvβ6 is also expressed on epithelial cells in fibrotic diseases.
- These integrins enable TGFβ to exert its biologic effects by releasing it from its latent complex. The goal of blocking these integrins is to inhibit the deleterious effects of TGFβ. A number of other preclinical and early clinical stage programs are testing this approach of inhibiting αv integrins.
As of 7:36, CRBP stock went up 9.22% to $2.17. The stock has traded 249K shares so far in the pre-market session.