Quanta, Inc (NASDAQ:QNTA) closed bit up a bit on Thursday.
QNTA stock went up 0.53% to close at $0.0955 on Thursday. The stock made a high and low of $0.1134 and $0.0880 respectively for the session after opening at $0.0880. The total volume for the day was 5.31 million shares.
QNTA Released News This Week
Medolife Rx Completes Initial Meeting with Bioethics Committee, Preparing for Commencement of Phase II Clinical Trial on Lead Drug Candidate
- Medolife Rx, Inc. (“Medolife”), a global integrated bioceutical company with R&D, manufacturing, and consumer product distribution, which is a majority owned subsidiary of Quanta, Inc. (OTC PINK: QNTA), announced today that it completed its initial meetings with CONABIOS, the medical ethics committee that oversees all clinical trial programs in the Dominican Republic (DR).
- The meeting outlined the next steps in its clinical program on Escozine® as a treatment for the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) virus and the Company is seeking approval to commence clinical trials.
- The Company has completed significant preclinical safety and efficacy trials in the DR, which included more than 500 participants.
- The results of those studies demonstrated the efficacious nature of Escozine® in fighting viral infections, specifically in COVID-19 patients, where data showed a reduction in severity and duration of symptoms as well as a decrease in the length of positive tests.
- Additionally, throughout the preclinical trials, no patients experienced adverse effects to the drug candidate at any dosing level, establishing that the drug is safe and non-toxic.
- Upon approval from the committee, Medolife will conduct a controlled, double-blind placebo trial on humans to validate the efficacy of Escozine® as a viable treatment. This is in line with traditional regulatory approval practices, such as those in the United States, and the trial should take only a short time once approved.