Enzolytics Inc (OTCMKTS:ENZC) stock has turned lower in late morning session after opening slightly higher.
As of 11:10, ENZC stock has moved down by 3.42% at $0.1155. Total volume was 6.45 million, below its average volume of 38.34 million shares. The stock opened at $0.1220 and moved in a range of $0.1150 – 0.1220.
ENZC Released News Tuesday
Enzolytics Announces the Discovery of Conserved, Immutable Target Sites on HTLV-1 and Plans To Commence Production of Monoclonal Antibodies Targeting These Sites
- announced it has identified conserved, expectedly immutable sites on the HTLV-1 virus against which it will produce targeted anti-HTLV-1 monoclonal antibodies (mAbs). There are no effective vaccines against HTLV-1 and no antiviral drugs available for treating infections caused by the virus.
- Utilizing the Company’s proprietary Artificial Intelligence (AI) methodology, conserved target sites have now been identified against which fully human anti-HTLV-1 monoclonal antibodies will be produced in its lab on the campus of Texas A&M University in the University’s Institute for Preclinical Studies.
- The Company’s own Artificial Intelligence team continues to identify the critical sites on viruses against which monoclonal antibodies will be produced to treat infectious viral diseases. Experts recognize the significance of producing multiple monoclonal antibodies targeting multiple conserved sites as a necessary approach to effective therapy. This allows the administration of a “cocktail” of antibodies, all targeting conserved and expectedly immutable sites.
- Adult T-cell leukemia (ATL) and HTLV-1 associated myelopathy/tropical spastic paraparesis (HAM/TSP) are several diseases associated with HTLV-1. More than 20 million people worldwide are infected with the virus.
- Up to 10% will develop the debilitating and sometimes deadly disease. HTLV-1 causes adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma (ATL), HTLV-associated myelopathy (HAM), spastic paraparesis, and other rare illnesses. Signs and symptoms of HTLV-1 infection include motor and sensory changes in the extremities, inflammation in the spinal cord, a spastic gait in combination with weakness of the lower limbs, cognitive impairment, bladder dysfunction, and bladder cancer.