AnPac Bio-Medical Science Co Ltd (NASDAQ:ANPC) is moving lower a bit the pre-market session after the news.
AnPac Bio Reports Strong First Quarter in 2021, with 137.2% Increase in Revenue and Record Number of Commercial Tests Completed
- Total revenue was RMB2.2 million (US$0.3 million) for the first quarter of 2021, an increase of 137.2% from RMB0.9 million for the first quarter of 2020.
- Gross profit margin was 58.4% for the first quarter of 2021, representing an increase of 25.7 % from 32.7% for the first quarter of 2020, primarily due to higher selling prices charged for CDA-based tests and improved operational efficiency as well as higher volume of CDA-based tests performed during the first quarter of 2021.
- The average selling price (“ASP”) of CDA-based tests was RMB401.0(US$61.2) for the first quarter of 2021, an increase of RMB20.0, or 5.0% from RMB381.0 in the same period of 2020, primarily due to a broader product offering of more comprehensive multi-cancer detection tests at higher price points.
- Net loss was RMB29.3 million (US$4.5 million) for the first quarter of 2021, compared to a net loss of RMB21.2 million for the first quarter of 2020. The net loss for the first quarter of 2021 was mainly attributable to RMB3.2 million (US$0.5 million) changes in the fair value of the convertible debts, RMB3.9 million (US$0.6 million) of selling and marketing expenses, RMB3.4 million (US$0.5 million) of research and development expenses and RMB 19.2 million (US$2.9 million) of general and administrative expenses.
- Short-term debt was RMB22.4 million (US$3.4 million) as of March 31, 2021, an increase of 171.9% from RMB8.2 million at the end of last fiscal year (December 31, 2020). The increase in short-term debt was mainly due to issuance of additional convertible debentures with a fair value of USD$2.5 million.
As of 7.30, ANPC stock decreased by 0.61% to $4.85 on low volume of 21K shares. The stock has lost almost 60% from its 52-week high of $12.09.