AIM ImmunoTech Inc (NYSEAMERICAN:AIM) is trading with higher in the pre market session on Wednesday. The stock is up 15% over the past month and 19% year-to-date.
AIM ImmunoTech’s Ampligen Featured in Peer-Reviewed Journal Cancers as a Potential Therapy for Cancer Patients with SARS-CoV-2
- today announced that its drug Ampligen has been featured in a publication containing state-of-the-art methodologies in the peer-reviewed medical journal Cancers as a potential treatment option for cancer patients who are infected with SARS-CoV-2.
- The study’s authors stated that Ampligen has the potential to reduce the severity of the deadly respiratory disease COVID-19, which has so far caused more than 3.7 million deaths globally. According to the data presented in the publication, “Rintatolimod [Ampligen] activated the innate and the adaptive immune systems by activating a cascade of actions in human pancreatic cancer cells”, including:
- Stimulation of interferon regulatory factors and activation of the interferon signaling pathway
- Production of immunomodulatory activity
- Induction of the expression of MHC class I and II histocompatibility
“I do think Ampligen fully deserves to be developed for potential approval in the treatment of viral infections, including COVID-19. The stimulation of the innate immunity by Ampligen is potentially important in combating aggressive viral infections and could save many lives,” said Prof. C.H.J. van Eijck.
As of 7:41, AIM is trading at $2.32, up 1.75%. So far more than 40K shares have exchanged hands.